Sunday 14 February 2010

Appraisal to signal the end is nigh

The content of the post below relates to actual events....loosely. The names have been omitted to protect the innocent and save embarrassment.


Scene - Manager has called in an Employee for their annual review


Manager – I see you’ve met all your 35 objectives for the year.Thanks for all your hard work, now what objectives can we set for the forthcoming year.

Employee - Well, considering we’re migrating away from the current system and moving to a completely new platform, I think my work will be considered obsolete

Manager - You have a good point there. We are looking to move to a more modern system which should reduce the workforce and migrate all technical positions to Mozambique since they are cheaper than India, although we all need to learn their native language. Nevermind, that’s a minor problem.

Employee – So you’re basically saying that I will be made redundant at some point in the forthcoming year

Manager – I suppose I am

Employee –So is that my only objective?

Manager – I guess so, should we write that down to give you something to work towards?

Employee – Errmmm, okay

Manager – Great! And good luck with your objectives for this year

Employee – Thanks, I’m sure my wife and seven kids will be pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment